- 2 split chicken breasts
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup finely diced carrots
- 1/3 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Chicken base
- Place chicken, water, celery, salt and black pepper in a 6-quart stockpot.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Tilt lid to partially cover. Cook 25 minutes.
- Add carrots. Cook 20 minutes.
- Add rice. Cook 10 minutes.
- Add parsley. Turn heat off. Stir.
- Remove chicken. Discard skin and bones. Pull chicken meat into bite sized pieces and return chicken meat to stockpot.
- Adjust seasonings, to taste. (poultry seasoning and chicken base)
- Adapted from: