3 cups whole milk, divided
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
½ Tbsp. salt
½ Tbsp. pepper
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup seasoned panko bread crumbs (can be any kind of bread crumbed and seasoned)
1. Combine 2 cups of milk, macaroni, salt, and pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent sticking, then turn the heat down to medium-low heat and cook, stirring, until milk has reduced to a thick sauce. Add the remaining 1 cup of milk and cook until pasta is al dente and milk has reduced by about half. Add the cheddar and mozzarella, stirring until cheese is melted and pasta is evenly coated.
2. Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly across the top of the mac ‘n’ cheese, using your hand to press them down into the crevices. Spray the bread crumbs with cooking spray in a circular motion for about 4 seconds to coat them evenly.
3. Broil on high until bread crumbs are golden brown and toasty, about 5 minutes, watching carefully to make sure the bread crumbs don’t burn. Serve!
2/3 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt or garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
1 egg, slightly beaten
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 Heat oven to 450ºF. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
2 Mix Bisquick mix, cheese, salt and paprika in 1-gallon resealable plastic food-storage bag. Dip half the chicken strips into egg; place in bag of Bisquick mixture. Seal bag; shake to coat. Place chicken on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken. Drizzle butter over chicken.
3 Bake 12 to 14 minutes, turning after 6 minutes with pancake turner, until no longer pink in center.
1 Tablespoon oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 – 4 ou. can diced jalapeño peppers (I leave this out, I don’t like it this spicy)
1 – 4 ou. can chopped green chili peppers (I use the mild version)
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I leave this out)
2 – 14.5 ou. cans chicken broth (I use whatever broth that I have made)
3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
3 – 15 ou. cans white beans (I use frozen beans that I have previously made)
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium-low heat. Slowly cook the onion until tender. Mix in garlic, jalapeño, chili peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper. Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes. Mix in chicken broth, chicken and white beans. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, Slowly stir in the cheese until melted. Add sour cream and avocado if desired. Serve warm.